Making an Impact - One Step at a Time

1:04 PM



Have you ever wanted to make an impact on the world, and not known how to do 
something like this?

This past spring, I was wanting to do something for the Lord and for my community.

About a year before I had started contributing to the Creation Club, run by David Rives 
of Tennessee, with my graphic design and photography. My projects included making graphics with inspirational messages/science quotes/young earth science facts and merging them with my photographs of nature and creation.

Previously I had the vision to bring David, who is also the host of Creation in the 21st Century on TBN (The largest Christian television broadcasting network in the world) to British Columbia Canada on a speaking tour. But the way seemed closed, at least then.

This time I called a local pastor and he kindly directly me to the Creation Association of British Columbia located in Surrey on the West Coast of Canada.

I talked to the one of the founders of the association and he seemed a little surprised. Without me knowing or hearing of it, the Association had been in desperate need of a speaker for April. This was March. Mr. Pearce said he would look into it, but not to put my hopes up because David Rives may never agree to such a venture considering his busy schedule.

However, in a few short days I received a phone call stating that David Rives was coming to British Columbia on a Speaking Tour and I was coordinator and designer/marketing manager for the upcoming meetings in my area. It had "just" turned out that David was free and could make it.

To me, this seemed to be a set of events that God had ordained. I was just a mere instrument to do HIS perfect bidding!

 There would be some meetings in Vancouver but the majority would be organized by myself and my family in the Shuswap/Okanagan areas.

The next few weeks were very busy, with appointments with church Pastors and posters, advertisements, and handouts to design.

However, when the day of David Rives arrival came we all prayed and asked God that HE would lead the course of the next few days and that HIS hand would govern all things.

David's meetings were informational, enlightening, and encouraging. His talks were mainly on the reason why the earth is young and on the fact that believing in Creation and a Designer God is part of our Christian faith. He also sang some the songs which he had written dealing with these topics.

Below is a link to the newsletter which I wrote about this great adventure!



To see more about David Rives check out his website at: www.davidrives.com

I am also a contributor to his side website: The Creation Club.
You can find more about it at: www.thecreationclub.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe